Group
 
  • Groupe Carbone Lorraine

    CARBONE LORRAINE WAS FORMED IN 1937 FROM THE MERGER OF "COMPAGNIE LORRAINE DE CHARBONS POUR L'ÉLECTRICITÉ" AND "LE CARBONE".

  • Being close to our customers

    FROM GERMANY IN 1897 TO CHINA SINCE 2007, MERSEN CURRENTLY HAS FACILITIES IN 35 COUNTRIES.

  • Mersen in 2013

    2013 SALES €739 M | 6,382 EMPLOYEES | FACILITIES IN 35 COUNTRIES | 2 AREAS OF EXPERTISE | 5 KEY MARKETS

2014 Majority stake in Cirprotec, specialists in lightning and overvoltage protection (SPD)
2011 Eldre, the largest worldwide pure player in laminated busbars, is acquired
2010

CARBONE LORRAINE CHANGES ITS NAME TO MERSEN

2010 Positions are strengthened in solar energy through the purchase of a majority shareholding in Yantaï
2010 A majority shareholding in Boostec, a silicon carbide specialist, is acquired.
2009 The brushes for automobile and household electrical appliances division is sold.
2008 Calcarb, the world n°2 in rigid carbon felts is bought.
2008 The rail and motorcycle braking business is divested.
2008 Xianda and Mingrong Electrical Protection (MEP), the Group's first acquisitions in China, are purchased.
2007 Chongqing plant, the Group's first manufacturing facility in China, is inaugurated.
2006 Positions are strengthened in power electronics through the acquisition of R-Theta.
2005 The Magnets division for automobile applications is sold.
2005 First solar and wind energy-related sales are recorded.
1999 Gould-Shawmut group's electrical protection division is acquired.
1998 Unit specialized in cooling systems is set up.
1996 Pechiney exits the share capital.
1991 Stackpole's (United States) electrical and high temperature applications assets are acquired.
1988 Pechiney moves above the 50% ownership mark. The industrial seal business is transferred to Carbone Lorraine
1985 Ferraz is acquired.
1961 The Amiens plant is built to manufacture carbon brushes for electric motors.
1953 The chemical engineering business is started up in Pagny sur Moselle
1950 Le Carbone Lorraine takes over the worldwide distribution of products for Ferraz, an industrial fuse manufacturer based in Lyon
1937

"Le Carbone" and "Compagnie Lorraine de Charbons pour l'Électricité" merge to become: Groupe Carbone Lorraine.

LORRAINE

PARIS REGION

1927 Fabius Henrion became Compagnie Lorraine de Charbons pour l'Électricité 1906 First team is deployed in the United States.
1915 Pagny sur Moselle plant is destroyed during the First World War. 1897 First international subsidiary is set up in Germangy.
1893 The Pagny sur Moselle plant is built. 1893 Graphitization process is discovered by a Group engineer.
1891 The Fabius Henrion plant is built (electric motors, dynamos and lamps). 1892 Le Carbone is founded in Paris and specializes in the manufacture of brushes for motors.