Business Development Manager Electric Vehicle EMEA
Business Development Manager – Mersen Electric Vehicle - EMEA
Mersen is a global expert in electrical specialties and advanced materials for high-tech industries. With more than 50 industrial sites and 16 R&D centers in 35 countries around the world, Mersen develops customized solutions and delivers key products to its clients in order to meet the new technological challenges shaping tomorrow’s world.
For over 130 years, Mersen has focused tirelessly on innovation to accompany its clients and meet their needs. Be it in wind power, solar power, electronics, electric vehicles, aeronautics, space or countless other sectors, wherever technology is progressing, you will always find a bit of Mersen.
We are seeking our future Business Development Manager with proven skills in prospecting with strategic customers, developing long term product developmental relationships with the engineering and purchasing organizations of key accounts; with minimum 5 years of relevant business development/sales experience working with the automotive and or heavy transportation OEM/Tier1’s. The focus will be on introducing Mersen’s capabilities in fuses, smart fuses, custom bus bars, power capacitors and cooling technologies; working then with customer designers and Mersen technologists to develop the solutions required for the fast-paced Electric Vehicle market. Targeted customers include OEM’s and Tier 1 accounts, but can also include Heavy Transportation accounts including trucks, buses and construction/mining equipment companies.
Establish new development programs with targeted leaders in the EV market. Manage the existing opportunity pipeline, while creating new sales opportunities with these accounts and identify new target customers.
- Develop and implement a new business strategy, aligning with company objectives, products and resources, to significantly grow the European business in the EV automotive and heavy transportation segment.
- Visit customers to promote products, give group presentations and discuss project details
- Analyze existing customer and market requirements and anticipate future customer demands and promote the consideration of the Company’s products and services to fill such requirements.
- Identify new customers
- Interact with multiple levels within Engineering, Purchasing, and Quality professionals, defining the key decision makers, champions, influences and gatekeepers.
- Internally, you will consolidate customer needs and liaise with the cross functional and multicultural team (R&D, Quality, Production, Controlling and Sales) to ensure that customers’ specifications and expectations are shared, understood, and fulfilled.
- Respond to technical and commercial queries from customers, inside and outside sales representatives
- Collect competitive and market intelligence to help define future industry needs and requirements, along with recommended action plans to grow business for all four product lines.
- Arrange and host meetings with EV team members and customers, follow-up on actions, report progress.
- Participate in relevant trade shows to increase Company visibility and position for future new business growth.
- Participate in Technical and Quality reviews to ensure new business proposals meet/exceed customer’s specifications and requirements.
- Maintain a solid understanding of technologies available and in development for the EV market.
- Use and service report systems
- Deep understanding of automotive industry, Electric Vehicle expertise a plus, as is experience in high voltage and high current systems.
- Experience selling engineered-product-into-OEM applications in the automotive or heavy transportation markets.
- Presence and familiarity with the European automotive OEM and Tier 1 environment.
- Strong understanding of customer advanced development activities and approval milestones in order to progress initial concepts to working prototypes and ultimately production implementation.
- Proven success working with a global purchasing organization, assuring our activities are in step with their sourcing process.
- Strong technical aptitude and knowledge base.
- Exceptional relationship and communication skills, presence consistent with this important customer facing role.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Engineering preferred.
- Experience min 5 years in Automotive industry
- Fluency in spoken and written English (German/French would be a plus)