Role Details As CNC Machinist Technician you will be responsible to program, set up and operate a CNC machine. You will ensure the machine is set and ran to its maximum capacity in order to compliance with the daily production requirements within agreed schedules and according to defined specifications and quality standards.
- Ensure all programs are written in advance of production start.
- Set up and adjust machine tools for other workers, such as machine runners.
- Preparation of the next available job, prior to setting.
- Work to specifications and tooling instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods. Read drawings and routings for product specifications (dimensions, tolerances and tooling instructions, feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, fixtures and cutting tools to be used).
- Install and adjust holding device, and fasten specified cutting and shaping tools in position to enable operator to produce finished work piece to specifications.
- Use CNC control selects and set speed and feed of machine according to type of operation and specified material and finish.
- Start machine to obtain first-run work piece and verify dimensional tolerances, using micrometer, gauges and templates.
- Compares work piece to drawing and specification to verify conformance.
- Change worn cutting tools and adjust operation of machine, such as cutting speed, feed rate or depth of cut, when required.
- Recycle all tooling in line with current company’s system and procedures.
- May instruct operators or other workers in machine setup and operation.
- Will set all machines and equipment within in specified cell.
- Ensure job is booked out of his/her area after completion.
- Lift, move, clamp and bolt fixtures on machines using hand tools.
- Clean machine.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of this position.
- Adherence to the health and safety regulations, Mersen safety, health & environmental and any other company policies and procedures.
- 3-5 year experience in a similar role.
- Experience with computer-aided design and manufacturing programs.
- Ability to read blueprints and product routings.
- Basic computer programming skills will be desirable.
- Experience of Continuous Improvement principal and techniques.