Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Working on a 4 on 4 off shift Pattern as a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will analyse and fault-find mechanical/electrical breakdowns rapidly, perform PPMs and repairs on vacuums, pumps CNC Machinery, Rotating Equipment, Electrical fault finding and installation.
- Analysis and fault-finding Mechanical/ Electrical breakdowns.
- Performing PPMs and repairs methodically and efficiently to the highest engineering standards.
- Ensure all respective corrective actions are carried out and recorded on CMM System
- Ability to demonstrate high attention to detail with good analytical and reporting skills.
MERSEN Benchmark Skills Criteria
- Safety – Systematically respects all security requirements within his/her missions.
- Technical knowledge – Has a strong technical knowledge in his/her field of concern.
- Reliability – Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job. Completes all assigned tasks on time and with minimal supervision. Is punctual and present for work. Fulfils all commitments made to peers, co-workers and supervisor. Informs appropriate individuals when assigned tasks will not be completed in agreed upon time frame.
- Continuous improvement – Has an experience in application of continuous improvement Demonstrates continuous improvement focus, applying excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of the environment – Understands the professional environment, accepts and applies the key questions and decisions made by the Group on different aspects (commercial, industrial, etc
- Team work/Collaboration/Communication – Works collaboratively and communicates with a group of people in order to achieve a goal. Cooperates using his/her individual skills and providing constructive feedback, despite any personal conflict between
- Critical thinking – Uses appropriate critical thinking and is capable of making pertinent decisions when necessary.
- Flexibility – Is able to adapt to changes and new challenges, and is flexible enough to respond to varying emergency situations and demand.
- Project management – Has the body of knowledge concerned with principles, techniques and tools used in planning, control, monitoring and review of projects.
- Problem Solving – Has excellent ability to solve problems. Has ability to look at a major technical problem/issue and to come up with positive solutions by applying excellent analytical and problem solving skills incorporating creative thinking.
Health & Safety
- Using personal protection and safety equipment as required.
- Following safe work procedures.
- Knowing and complying with all regulations.
- Reporting any injury or illness immediately.
- Reporting unsafe acts and unsafe conditions.
- Participating in company Health & Safety initiatives.
- Completed a recognised, certificated mechanical Apprenticeship
- Educated to HNC standard or equivalent
- Ideally experienced in an industrial maintenance field including fault finding on control panels, Induction heating process and vacuum equipment would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes and to new challenges.
- Self-starter, proactive, prepared to take initiative and work without direct supervision.
- Works well under pressure
- Practical approach.
- Team orientated.
To apply for this position please submit CV in first instance.