Role Details As Shift Manager you will be responsible to ensure the safe and efficient manufacturing of products according to defined specifications and quality standards, within agreed schedules. You will ensure compliance with all relevant legal requirements and guidelines through the effective control of manufacturing teams.
- Supervision of Manufacturing Operators including: allocation of tasks, motivation, engagement, discipline, training and development.
- Ensure that short term output targets are agreed with the team in line and that these targets are met on time, or plans to recover are proposed and agreed with relevant staff.
- Ensure safe working practice at all times, particularly in the use of moving equipment, access to awkward areas and handling of materials.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of records and reports. This includes: production records, maintenance job cards, incident reports and Non-Conformance (Quality) records.
- Undertake specific functions such as the review, control and briefing of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Undertake on-going review of operations to ensure compliance of 5S principles, continuous improvement activities and update of relevant Process documentation.
- Work closely with other Shift Managers within Manufacturing to ensure agreement in approach to changes, methods of work, staff decisions, etc.
- Set realistic standards of appearance, attitude, timekeeping and attendance.
- Effective communications, delegation and planning of activities to ensure that the team deliver to the right quality, quantity and on time.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role desirable.
- Good literacy and numeracy ability.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes and to new challenges