Site Engineering Manager
Role Description: Manage and optimize existing production machinery or facility availability and efficiency with the framework of a total predictive, preventative and curative maintenance programs.
Coordinates maintenance projects with site management; staying within established budgets and timelines.
Assist with the design, build, delivery, installation and start-up of additional equipment or plant facilities ensuring compliance with group, site and local regulations as necessary in concert with other site managers.
Closely coordinate with Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) personnel to continuously improve the safe operations and working environment within the site.
- Initiates, implements, documents and manages the site maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventative maintenance following a “total Preventative Maintenance” approach while tracking key site indicators and following regulating requirements.
- Mentor continuous improvements activities in key area, focused on improving operational safety and total production costs.
- Participates in the development of the annual maintenance budget for the site and manage maintenance programs accordingly.
- Ensure maintenance departments are properly staffed, trained and equipped to achieve defined goals.
- Ensures that Maintenance personnel are properly trained in all safety process included but not limited to: Lock out/Tag out – Electrical Safe Work Practices – Hot Works – Fire Extinguisher – Work at Height – Confined Space – PPE requirements – Scissor lift, boom lift, mobile equipment licensing, safe rigging and enforcement of established safe working practices.
- Collaborates with Production/Operations Manager to optimize production equipment and facilities production availability (reduce downtime) and efficiency within pre-defined budgets and other established constraints.
- Proposes technical solution to improve the safety of existing equipment.
- Assists with the design and build of equipment or facilities as necessary with assistance of internal and external resources in support of strategic site production requirements.
- Supervises maintenance members within their scope of responsibility.
- 3- 5 years’ experience within similar role.
- Undergraduate: Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or equivalent extensive experience.