Mersen Boostec provides SiC mirrors, SiC stable structures and also SiC focal plane hardware for telescopes to be used in space or on ground.
Boostec® Silicon Carbide SiC
Boostec® silicon carbide -SiC- for scientific instrumentation and industrial equipment
Mersen Boostec is specialized in the development of innovative products made of sintered silicon carbide.
For some applications, the silicon carbide can receive a CVD (chemical vapor deposition) coating to give a completely non-porous high-purity SiC surface.
A BROAD SPECTRUM OF APPLICATIONS:
- space and astronomy: optical and scientific instrumentation for space or ground optics, stable structures, large scientific instruments
- laser processes: laser galvo-scanning mirrors and other fast steering mirrors
- semiconductor and opto-mechanics OEMs: ultra-stable structures
- chemical and pharma-chemical apparatus: continuous-flow reactors, heat exchangers
Mersen Boostec offers assistance to its customers for the design of their SiC parts to ensure better feasibility, mitigate risks and also reduce cost and lead times.
An advanced ceramic with many key advantages
- high purity composition
- isotropic physical properties
- low density
- very high mechanical strength and stiffness (420 GPa)
- insensitivity to mechanical fatigue
- high thermal conductivity (180 W/m/K)
- low Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE)
- exceptional resistance to corrosive and abrasive environments.
Mersen has held an 95.07% stake of Boostec since July 2015, and Boostec's main partner, Airbus Defence and Space (ex-Astrium), holds 4.93%.
Mersen Boostec's unique know-how in the design and manufacture of silicon carbide parts extends the Mersen group's range of equipment and solutions for extreme environments.
The French CNES (Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales) has awarded Mersen Boostec the "SME CNES Label" for the manufacturing of stable silicon carbide (SiC) mirrors and structures for space telescopes.
Laser Processes: Galvo-Scanning and Fast Steering Mirrors by Optosic®
Mersen Boostec provides standard (galvo-scanning) and custom active mirrors from 10 to 500mm apertures, with a range of high reflective coatings. These products are distributed under the trademark optoSiC®.
Semiconductor and opto-mechanics OEMs
Continuous flow reactors for the chemical industry
Sales & Engeeniring
T: +33 (0)56 233 4500
F: +33 (0)56 233 4505
Sales & Engineering
T: +49 (0) 89 7807239-0
F: +49 (0) 89 7807239-211
Sales & Engineering
MI 48838 Greenville
T: +1 616-754 56 71
06/02/2020 - 7.32 MB
10/07/2020 - 4.19 MB
13/01/2020 - 114.23 KB
13/01/2020 - 163.98 KB
04/07/2019 - 201.86 KB