- Contact Us
- Electrical Protection & Control
- Solutions for Power Management
- Mersen Heat Exchanger Configurator
- Polybloc®, impervious graphite block heat exchanger
- Polytube Graphite Shell and Tube Heat exchanger
- Annular groove graphite heat exchangers
- Cubic graphite heat exchangers
- Tantalum Heat Exchangers and condensers
- Silicon carbide shell and tube heat exchangers
- Silicon carbide block heat exchangers
- Silicon carbide plate heat exchangers
- Titanium shell and tube heat exchangers
- Process Technologies
- Service & maintenance
- Columns, reactors & pressure vessels
- Piping & accessories
- Graphilor® bursting discs
- Corrosion resistant materials
- Heat exchangers
- Graphite Specialties
- Power Transfer Technologies
Reactor Overhead Condensers for the API process
One of the world’s largest API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients) producers, based in Europe, decided to modernize their Reactor Overhead Condensers, with the replacement of their old Korobon cemented graphite plate condensers.
The Mersen Cubic Block Graphite Overhead Condenser is the solution chosen by the client, due to its GMP design features, compactness, and high thermal performance.
One of the world’s largest API producers, based in Europe, decided to modernize their Overhead Condensers, with the replacement of their old Korobon cemented graphite plate condensers.
In typical API manufacturing, the graphite overhead condensers are located above the glass lined reactors.
The Korobon design is gasket free with machined impregnated graphite plates cemented together. Therefore, there is no possibility to repair or clean internally. Also, the gap between the plates on the process and service side is very large, resulting in a larger and inefficient graphite heat exchanger.
Mersen’s Cubic Block Graphite Overhead Condenser perfectly meet the constraints of the API manufacturing process, having the following GMP design features:
- Compact design with double drilling on process side
- Superior phenolic resin impregnated isostatic graphite
- Fully drainable process headers with no liquid hold up
- No Process to Service Gaskets
- Solid drilled one-piece core block
- Vertical once through process holes
- Easily dismantled on process side for cleaning and validation
Partnering with our customers.
A long-term contact has been signed for the potential supply of 50 replacement units. The initial order for five Cubic Block Heat Exchangers has now been delivered and successfully tested on receipt by the customer prior to installation.
Let's start a new project together
Mersen Cubic Graphite Block Heat Exchanger
Durham Lane Industrial Park
T: +44 1642 793 319
3.71 MBHeat exchangers