ASYNCHRONOUS MOTORS CARBON BRUSHES
Mersen is capable of supplying you with carbon brushes of various designs, with a high quality of manufacturing, in particular the cable connection by tamping.
When required, we could adjust the drawing (grade, dimensions, cable, components…) to adapt the carbon brush specifically to your slip ring motor considering its application.
Operational properties can thus be optimized by enhancing the mechanical stability (shape, components, friction coefficient) and electrical performances (voltage drop at contact, load capacity), in particular to reduce the losses. The function of a good brush is further explained in our technical data sheet reference TDS‑01.
The Technical date sheet TDS-20 completes the latter by providing key elements to be taken into account when designing of slip ring systems. Mersen provides also technical information on various topics under the reference “TDS”, available through the Search Tool.
In addition, Mersen sells solutions for alerting users on brush wear (indicator devices, linked to the brush or to the brush-holder), or, to go even further, monitoring operational parameters with our complete solution MERSEN Total Monitoring.
As a summary, the main features of Mersen's carbon brushes are:
- Specific designs
- High quality tamping
- Optimized cable dimensions
- Good mechanical stability
- Adapted range of current density, from 8 A/cm² to 30 A/cm²
- Wide speed range (15m to 35m/s)
Mersen, a reference supplier of electric motor manufacturers, also offers dedicated services of refurbishment, replacement of brushes and brush-holders, re-engineering, and trainings.
Applications of carbon brushes for AC motors
Slip ring motors have various applications in process industries and sectors of extraction (mining, oil & gas) and marine: grinders, crushers, conveyors, mixers, compressors, pumps, blowers, winches, elevators...
- Paper plants (pulping, winding)
- Cement plants (crushing, belts, ventilation...)
- Metallurgy (forming, winding, treatments...)
- Plastic industry (extruding, winding...)
- Mining (extraction, transportation, process)
- Ports & Marine (cranes, ships)
- Oil & Gas (extraction, transportation, treatment)