- Selected range of materials
- Customised machined or pressed to size designs
- High quality tamping (cable connection)
- Optimized cable dimensions
- Good mechanical stability
- High electrical conductivity
- Low friction coefficient
- High transient current density
- Wide speed range (15 to 45m/s)
- Brush wear indicator systems available as an option
Carbon brushes for FHP motors
Mersen offers a wide range of carbographitic, bakelite-graphite and metal-graphite brushes for FHP motors.
Mersen is able to manufacture different shapes of brushes thanks to its different manufacturing processes, as well as wide range of grades, for FHP motors (Fractional Horse Power) up to 25 kW.
- Carbographitic grades are prepared from carbon and coke powders (natural or artificial) agglomerated with appropriate binders to give them good resistance to high temperature and variable loads.
- Bakelite-graphite grades are made from natural or artificial graphite powders agglomerated with a thermo-hardening resin to give them a high electrical and mechanical resistance power.
- Metal-graphite grades: powdered natural or artificial graphite is mixed with a thermo-setting resin, copper powder, and/or other metal powders. The mix is then pressed and polymerized at a suitable temperature in an inert atmosphere.
- Motors for machine tools
- Military applications (satellites, missiles, radars)
- Medical applications (Wheelchairs, artificial respirators, MRI scans)
- Special machines:
- Fairground rides
- Golf carts