- Compactness - slots or double drilling on process side effectively doubling the process side surface area making units ideal for condensing duties
- Special GMP design features - fully draining, no process to service gaskets
- No hidden gaskets
- Heat transfer area: from 1m² up to 100 m2
- Various core blocks sizes: 250, 400, 500 & 600mm square and up to 1800mm long
- Design pressure up to 10 barg on process and service side
- Design temperature: from 200°C, maximum 430°C
- Different drilling diameters and patterns
- Multi pass arrangement - on both process and service side gives the most efficient thermal design using true counter-current flow
Cubic graphite heat exchangers
The Graphite Cubic Block Heat Exchanger is the optimum design for Interchangers for corrosive fluids on both process and service sides.
The Graphite Cubic Block Heat Exchanger is adapted to the heating, cooling, condensation and absorption of highly corrosive liquid chemicals.
Rows of holes are drilled through graphite blocks both horizontally and vertically to form the process and service channels. Heat is transferred by conduction through the impervious graphite left between the rows of holes which separate the mediums being used. Graphite block heat exchangers consist in a stack of blocks encapsulated in a steel shell.
Graphite Cubic and Polybloc heat exchangers
Durham Lane Industrial Park
Eaglescliffe TS16 0RH
- Temperature cross possible
- True Counter-Current Flow
- Compact Design
- Multi-Pass Optimisation
- GMP Features
- Easy to Clean and Maintain
- Heating, Cooling, Condensation
- Interchanger – most optimum solution for corrosive fluids on both process and service side
- Fine Chemistry, Specialty Chemistry, Pharmacy: Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient, Crop Protection, Fumed Silica, Silicones, Flavors and Fragrances, Vitamins, and many more…
Reactor overhead condensers for the API process
One of the world’s largest API producers, based in Europe, decided to modernize their Reactor Overhead Condensers, with the replacement of their old Korobon cemented graphite plate condensers.
The Mersen Cubic Block Graphite Overhead Condenser is the solution chosen by the client, due to its GMP design features, compactness, and high thermal performance.