Maintains quality standards to ISO9001:2015 QMS by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results.
Quality Inspector Job Duties:
- Approval of incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approval of in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approval of finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Maintains measurement equipment (calibration/verification) by following operating instructions.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
Quality Inspector Skills and Qualifications:
Must be able to accurately measure (first principle), record and analyze test results.
Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read and interpret a drawing and prepare an inspection plan.
Must be able to perform verification and calibration for a variety of first-principle test equipment.
The person must be able to demonstrate competency to operate manual and electronic measuring instruments. Knowledge of programming and use of Faro and CMM instruments would be advantageous.
Knowledge to conduct internal audits and experience of supporting external audits by a certification body and customer visits would be advantageous.
Preparation of first article inspection reports would be advantageous.
Core Competencies & Skills
Good literacy and numeracy ability.
Good communication skills
Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Access.