- Modular design: number of plates, size of plates and number of passes can be adjusted
- Different plate sizes: 260, 500 and 580 mm
- PTFE lined steel nozzles
- Thermal expansion compensation ensured by helicoidal springs
- Design pressure: -1 (Full vacuum) to 16 bar (240 psi)
- Design temperature: -30°C to +200°C (-22°F to 392°F)
- Heat transfer area: 0.5 to 7.1 m2 (5.4 to 75 ft2)
- Nozzle sizes: DN25 / DN50 / DN80 PN16
Silicon carbide plate heat exchangers
CORRESIC® silicon carbide plate heat exchangers are adapted to the heating and cooling of highly corrosive and/or oxidizing chemicals. This design is the most compact and most efficient type of silicon carbide heat exchangers.
Our CORRESIC® silicon carbide plate heat exchangers are composed of many thin, slightly separated silicon carbide plates that have very large surface areas and small fluid flow passages for heat transfer. Heat is transferred by conduction through the silicon carbide plates material.
Plate exchangers work with countercurrent flows which allows low temperature differences, rapid temperature changes, and high efficiencies.
- Outstanding corrosion resistance against acid, bases and oxidizing media
- Great heat transfer performance thanks to adjustable cross sections on both sides
- Easy disassembly
- Ability to mechanically clean each plate if necessary
- Second hardest material existing on earth thus eliminating any risk of erosion
- High operational safety
- Extremely compact, sturdy and modular design
- Short lead time
- Long lifetime
- Cooling and heating of ultra-corrosive and/or oxidizing chemicals or ultra-pure chemicals
- Heat recovery between two ultra-corrosive and/or oxidizing chemicals or ultra-pure chemicals