The Era of Reconstruction
In 1945, France had just been liberated and most of Le Carbone Lorraine plants were in good operating condition, though the Group emerged weaker after the world war.
It faced a major new challenge: modernize or disappear. Under the leadership of new Chairman, Charles Malégarie, the company took action to regain the industrial leadership it had enjoyed in the 1930s.
|1950||Le Carbone Lorraine takes over the worldwide distribution of products for Ferraz, an industrial fuse manufacturer based in Lyon|
|1953||The chemical engineering business is started up in Pagny sur Moselle|
|1961||The Amiens plant is built to manufacture carbon brushes for electric motors.|